Alex Gibney nominated for DGA’s documentary award
The Directors Guild of America has included Alex Gibney in their list of nominees for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Documentaries for 2010, one of five directors chosen for consideration. Mr. Gibney has been chosen for his work on Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer, which, of course, was also shortlisted in November for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. The film has also received a nomination for an award from the Producers Guild of America, for Best Documentary Theatrical Motion Picture. All in all, it’s heartening to see a film about such a crucial topic getting the attention and respect it deserves.
The following is the complete list of filmmakers nominated for the DGA award, courtesy of Deadline:
- Alex Gibney, Client 9: The Rise and Fall of Eliot Spitzer
- Lixin Fan, Last Train Home
- Charles Ferguson, Inside Job
- Davis Guggenheim, Waiting for “Superman”
- Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger, Restrepo